Question

Desktop Training - Exercise 1 - "View Written Data" error: This FME edition does not recognize the `' reader

• 27 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I'm new to FME.

I just installed the workbench.

I've run Exercise 1 in "FME Desktop Basic Training Manual - Exercise Exploring FME" and the run succeeded.

I encountered 2 unexpected phenomenons:

After the run, I wanted to see the preview, so I cliked on "View Written Data" but instead of seeing some preview, I got error message (with duplicated lines...):

File C:\\Program Files\\FME\\metafile\\.fmf could not be opened

File C:\\Program Files\\FME\\metafile\\.fmf could not be opened

This FME edition does not recognize the `' reader. Please ensure that the current platform supports this reader, the reader name is spelled correctly, and that you have installed all required plug-ins

This FME edition does not recognize the `' reader. Please ensure that the current platform supports this reader, the reader name is spelled correctly, and that you have installed all required plug-ins

Failed to open the dataset 'C:\\FMEData2019\\Output\\Training\\LibraryReport.html'

DATASET INFO:

DATASET: C:\\FMEData2019\\Output\\Training\\LibraryReport.html

NUMBER OF PARAMETERS: 0

I downloaded both folders trees: FMEData2019 and FMEData2020. When I run the workspace Basics-Ex1-Begin.fmw from 2020, the output is written to C:\\FMEData2019\\Output\\Training instead of to write it into 2020 folders tree. It seems that I'll have to avoid FMEData2020 amd use FMEData2019 ?

Help will be appreciated.

Michael

@hollyatsafe

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +14

Hi @mlev,

It looks like the data was never updated in the readers and writers. Thank you for reporting this. I have updated FMEData2020, but I've also attached the updated workspace so you don't need to re-download the full folder. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Basics-Ex1-Begin.fmw

In regards to viewing the output HTML file, use the Open Containing Folder option to view the HTML file in a web browser. The View Written Data button might be a bug and I am looking into it further.

-Liz

I'm getting the same error for one of our .dwg files, what is the source of this error? Corruption of the input?