Question

dgn to dgn with tags

• 11 February 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

I have attached dgn reader and connected to dgn writer (No transformers in between). Both reader and writer are V8 files and I have enabled "Write Tags" to "Yes". I'm getting the output dgn file without tags.

Is there any action/option shall I have to do to get tags in target as present in source.

Pratap

7 replies

Hi,

I did a quick look in FME Readers/writers, it says on Reader Parameters:

"Select this option to display tags. Elements in a design file may have user-defined attributes attached to them. Such attributes are called tags, and these may be read (but not written) by FME. In addition, to supply a value for a user-defined attribute, tags may also be displayed as text in the original design file."

Looks like the problem...

Badge +2

Hi,

Thank you.

All the required attributes required for tags are present in source dgn as they are tags already. I dont think attributes or visibility is a problem to create tags in destination file.

Pratap

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

I need to read simple, non-GML XML datasets dynamically (Single Merged Feature Types) and validate them against XSD files (see message bottom).

• If I use the XML Reader, I may not use XSD (XFMap, and XRS only).
  • If I use the the GML Reader, I obtain:

<SOURCE_GML Reader> - No GML features were found in the set of XML Schemas, make sure that at least one of the schemas is a user, domain or community-specific "GML Application Schema".

QUESTION: How am I to dynamically read such non-GML XML datasets using XSD?

Here is one of my XSD as example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<xs:element name="Gebaeude" type="Gebaeude"/>

<xs:complexType name="Gebaeude">

<xs:sequence>

<xs:element name="Versicherungsnummer" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="PolitischeGemeinde" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="PolitischeGemeindeCode" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="Ortsteil" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="OrtsteilCode" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="Gebaeudenummer" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="Gebaeudebezeichnung" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="Gebaeudelage" type="Gebaeudelage" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeBaujahr" type="xs:integer" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeXKoordinate" type="xs:float" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeYKoordinate" type="xs:float" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeZweckcode" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeZweckcodeText" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeStatusCode" type="xs:integer" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeStatus" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeStatusInformation" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="DatumStatus" type="xs:date" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="Parzelleninfo" type="Parzelleninfo" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

</xs:sequence>

</xs:complexType>

<xs:element name="Parzelleninfo" type="Parzelleninfo"/>

<xs:complexType name="Parzelleninfo">

<xs:element name="ParzellenNummer" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeAdresse" type="GebaeudeAdresse"/>

<xs:complexType name="GebaeudeAdresse">

<xs:element name="GebaeudeStrasse" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeHausnummer" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeHausnummerBis" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudePLZ" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="GebaeudeOrt" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>

<xs:element name="NextToAgi" type="NextToAgi"/>

<xs:complexType name="NextToAgi">

<xs:element name="Gebaeude" type="Gebaeude" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

<xs:element name="Gebaeudelage" type="Gebaeudelage"/>

<xs:complexType name="Gebaeudelage">

<xs:element name="GebaeudeAdresse" type="GebaeudeAdresse" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

</xs:schema>

Here is a simple example XML file for the above xsd:

<NextToAgi>

<Gebaeude>

<Versicherungsnummer>64/02/00127</Versicherungsnummer>

<PolitischeGemeinde>Tobel-Taegerschen</PolitischeGemeinde>

<PolitischeGemeindeCode>64</PolitischeGemeindeCode>

<Ortsteil>Taegerschen</Ortsteil>

<OrtsteilCode>02</OrtsteilCode>

<Gebaeudenummer>00127</Gebaeudenummer>

<Gebaeudebezeichnung>Wohnhaus Garage</Gebaeudebezeichnung>

<Gebaeudelage>

<GebaeudeAdresse>

<GebaeudeStrasse>Muenchwilerstrasse</GebaeudeStrasse>

<GebaeudeHausnummer>17</GebaeudeHausnummer>

<GebaeudePLZ>9554</GebaeudePLZ>

<GebaeudeOrt>Taegerschen</GebaeudeOrt>

</GebaeudeAdresse>

<GebaeudeAdresse>

<GebaeudeStrasse>Kirchstrasse</GebaeudeStrasse>

<GebaeudeHausnummer>5</GebaeudeHausnummer>

<GebaeudeHausnummerBis/>

<GebaeudePLZ>8274</GebaeudePLZ>

<GebaeudeOrt>Gottlieben</GebaeudeOrt>

</GebaeudeAdresse>

</Gebaeudelage>

<GebaeudeBaujahr>1975</GebaeudeBaujahr>

<GebaeudeXKoordinate>2.719693694000000e+006</GebaeudeXKoordinate>

<GebaeudeYKoordinate>1.263125223000000e+006</GebaeudeYKoordinate>

<GebaeudeZweckcode>29</GebaeudeZweckcode>

<GebaeudeZweckcodeText>Wohngebaeude mit diversen Zwecken</GebaeudeZweckcodeText>

<GebaeudeStatusCode>2</GebaeudeStatusCode>

<GebaeudeStatus>Realisiert</GebaeudeStatus>

<DatumStatus>2011-02-03</DatumStatus>

<Parzelleninfo>

<ParzellenNummer>4776_1_00107</ParzellenNummer>

<ParzellenNummer>4651_1_00068</ParzellenNummer>

</Parzelleninfo>

</Gebaeude>

</NextToAgi>

Badge +2

Hi,

Thank you.

I have not seen this option in reader but I have enabled in Schema-Level Names option in parameters. Hope you are referring to this option.

Pratap

Badge +2

Hi,

Even I have provided the same dgn file as seed file but the result is only one feature which I have written with creator. Features & tags present in the seed file were removed.

Pratap

Badge

Hi @pratap,

could you please submit support request through https://support.safe.com/knowledgeSubmitCase ? Please provide your workspace and source dgn-file (it is also used as a seed, am I correct?) Writing tags should be easy - let's examine your workspace and data and find out what is causing the problem.

Badge +2

Hi @LenaAtSafe,

Thank you.

1. As I said earlier, I have not used any transformers in translation.

2. My understanding of seed file option, is that the entities present in the seed file should present in the target dataset along with settings,if any.

3. For testing, I have placed one line in template dgn file and used it as seed file and connected to creator. I have received dgn file with line created by creator but the line present in seed file is ignored.

4. In the same way, it is not considering the tags or any entities from seed file

Pratap