Solved

SID to GeoTIFF conversion error

• 17 October 2019
  • 9 replies

Badge

I'm getting the error message then converting SID file to GeoTIFF raster:

MRSID reader: MrSIDRasterBand::IRasterIO(): Failed to load image. mg2d internal error [8021]
MRSID reader: Failed to retrieve data from the source dataset

Any ideas how to solve this?

icon

Best answer by sigtill 17 October 2019, 12:27

View original

9 replies

Badge +16

Hi @fikusas,

Can it be that the lack of coordinate system elements (datum and ellipsoid) are causing the issue?

Badge

Hi @fikusas,

Can it be that the lack of coordinate system elements (datum and ellipsoid) are causing the issue?

I think it can't be a problem, 'cause all other SID files aren't with defined coordsys either, but don't give this kind of error.

Badge +16

I think it can't be a problem, 'cause all other SID files aren't with defined coordsys either, but don't give this kind of error.

From what I could find online it seems that some lines in the raster are corrupted. Not a big help but opening with GDAL provides the same error and since FME uses GDAL this is to be expected, so I think the issue is the input raster.

Badge

From what I could find online it seems that some lines in the raster are corrupted. Not a big help but opening with GDAL provides the same error and since FME uses GDAL this is to be expected, so I think the issue is the input raster.

Maybe the SID file is damaged, thus unreadable...

Badge +21

I used Geoviewer from Lizardtech to open the file - free - https://www.extensis.com/support/geoviewer-9

When exporting it seems to give an error

So there is definitely something wrong with a part of the image although it can be viewed partially within the viewer.

I think you have to contact Lizardtech - they might have a MrSIDFix.exe or similar (seem to remember this from way back)

Badge +16

Maybe the SID file is damaged, thus unreadable...

yes that is what I think and @sigtill too..

Badge +21

Exporting 1m resolution instead of 0.5m resolution works OK. So there is something wrong with the innermost layer. At least you got some of the data :)

Available 1 week, tif can be downloaded here : https://fil.email/ObiRCCUX

Badge +21

You can also read Pyramid layer 1 - instead of default 0 to get this in FME: Then it has the resolution original resolution / 2 = 1m.

Badge

You can also read Pyramid layer 1 - instead of default 0 to get this in FME: Then it has the resolution original resolution / 2 = 1m.

Thanks @sigtill !