Solved

Assign Log Error Message to an Attribute

• 21 September 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi,

My workspace try to writer in a Table in ArcSDE, but doens't work.

Has a way to get the error message from ArcSDE? Similar we have the ora_error for Oracle.

Thanks,

Danilo

icon

Best answer by lenaatsafe 25 September 2017, 20:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Are you getting any error messages in the log?
Userlevel 4
Badge +30
Are you getting any error messages in the log?
Hi @TiaAtSafe,

Yes, this error is in the Message.

Attached the log file. log-error.txt

Thanks,

Danilo
Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @danilo_inovacao, I'm seeing a unique constraint violation in your log file. 

Continuing translation as directed by use of the '_CONTINUE_TRANSLATION_BAD_DATA' keyword. Feature will be lost. The error message was: "Error while executing stream insert operation for table 'ANEEL_BDGD.ARAT'.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-51) Underlying DBMS error. SDE_EXT_ERROR(1) SDE_ERROR_MSG1(ORA-00001: unique constraint (ANEEL_BDGD.ARAT_PK) violated
) SDE_EXT_ERROR_MSG2()"

Can you verify that this constraint exists and that the data you are trying to write isn't violating this? You can use a DuplicateFilter on the features prior to writing to help test this. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @danilo_inovacao, I'm seeing a unique constraint violation in your log file. 

Continuing translation as directed by use of the '_CONTINUE_TRANSLATION_BAD_DATA' keyword. Feature will be lost. The error message was: "Error while executing stream insert operation for table 'ANEEL_BDGD.ARAT'.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-51) Underlying DBMS error. SDE_EXT_ERROR(1) SDE_ERROR_MSG1(ORA-00001: unique constraint (ANEEL_BDGD.ARAT_PK) violated
) SDE_EXT_ERROR_MSG2()"

Can you verify that this constraint exists and that the data you are trying to write isn't violating this? You can use a DuplicateFilter on the features prior to writing to help test this. 

I also see you're using the Legacy format. I'd encourage you to use the GEODATABASE_SDE format instead.
Userlevel 4
Badge +30
I also see you're using the Legacy format. I'd encourage you to use the GEODATABASE_SDE format instead.
Hi @TiaAtSafe,

Thanks your reply.

About the error, how can i get the error information ?

For example:

New attribute ( error ):

error = SDE_ERROR_CODE(-51) Underlying DBMS error

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
Hi @TiaAtSafe,

Yes, i'm try to assign this message error an attribute, is possible?

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Hi @danilo_inovacao

would it help to scan the log (as a text file) and find all strings that contain |ERROR| ? If a transformer rejects a feature, quite often (and I hope soon always) there will be an attribute added to the feature that explains the reason of rejection. However, in your case the feature is rejected by the Writer... it wouldn't be helpful to add anything to the rejected feature in this case.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @danilo_inovacao

would it help to scan the log (as a text file) and find all strings that contain |ERROR| ? If a transformer rejects a feature, quite often (and I hope soon always) there will be an attribute added to the feature that explains the reason of rejection. However, in your case the feature is rejected by the Writer... it wouldn't be helpful to add anything to the rejected feature in this case.

Hi @LenaAtSafe,

That its possible to be a solution in my Workspace, thanks! :)