Question

Data transformations and drawing error to be corrected in DWG files on FME 2018

• 6 April 2020
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Hello,

I wanted to know if you could help me on these different points, perhaps some of these questions have already been asked and I apologize in advance. If it is the case I want the URL link in question.

Carry out a workbench on FME 2018 which will correct the inconsistencies of the dwg files for for example:

1) Match the layer numbers of old dwg files to the requirements of a new dwg layer template. I had thought about listBasedFeatureMerger, what do you think?

2) Shift the points of a dwg file having a positioning error caused by the drawing (add a tolerance of 1 millimeter), that is to say move the points which must be located near a polyline towards a point of the polyline without touching the layer of the dwg file: I use the Snapper transformer, do you have a better idea?

3) Gather the linear array of a dwg file so that there is no more space between the segments, that is to say, hang the points between them and fill in the gaps to form a sort of polyline. I had thought of NetworkTopologyCalculator.

After having combined (merge) the linear network all together, I have to put it in the same direction and after that I cut it to the point to obtain a polyline. I would tend to use Linecombiner or LineExtender, what do you think?

4) Again on a dwg file: It would then be necessary to clean the entities (of the same layer or not) which are in the same position to avoid duplicates (points at the same coordinates).

Thank you in advance for your help

1 reply

Hello @redgeographics , could you help me please? or one of your colleagues. Thank you in advance.