Question

Styling 3D shapes in the data inspector

• 12 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to colour 3D shapes in the data inspector based on an attribute? I have 3D features that stack on top of each other and seeing all shapes in one shade of grey makes them hard to tell apart and check.

4 replies

Badge +21

Hi! would suggest doing that in FME Workbench using a FeatureColorSetter (random based on an attribute) and then use the Inspector and "fanout" on that attribute to be able to turn them off/on in the data inspector

Great, thank you @sigtill. I still seem to be missing a step though - my 3D shapes are still a lovely shade of grey! I have attached a snippet of my workspace if you are able to spot anything in it? example.fmw

Badge +21

Great, thank you @sigtill. I still seem to be missing a step though - my 3D shapes are still a lovely shade of grey! I have attached a snippet of my workspace if you are able to spot anything in it? example.fmw

Seems there is an error on the uploaded file:

If it is a more complex 3D-object (not a point,line or area) you need to have a look at this tutorial to add an Appearance:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1120/add-appearances-to-a-3d-city-model-geotiff-dwg-las.html

Perfect! Thank you for your help.