Question

SpatialRelator not showing intersect

• 4 November 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge
we are using Spatial Relator to find intersect but it shows there is no intersect , when we checked it with arcmap it is working fine , both data having same projection

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi

Be aware that ArcMap will reproject data from different coordinate systems on the fly, whereas the SpatialRelator will not. You will therefore have to manually reproject all the data entering the SpatialRelator to the exact same coordinate system first.

David
Userlevel 4
Also make sure that if you specified the coordinate system on the reader, that you've specified the exact same coordinate system for both datasets.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

I would recommend you to check firstly the source geometries including coordinate system with FME Data Inspector.

I would like to know

- geometry types of Requestor and Supplier,

- setting of the "Tests to Perform" parameter,

- how the result (not intersected) was confirmed,

and so on.

Takashi
Badge
thanks for for your feedback , both geometry are the same checked using arcmap and fme inspector visually and using spatail location intersect , test perforam on sptail relator intersect but later I tried all of them . I used spactial filter and all output went through fail port and when used spatial related i test the related count was zero
Badge
I thinik I got a lead to the issue , spatail fiter rejected 9 feature , that might be the reason why the features are not intersecting , I checked with geometry validators but it shows ok , also used MRFCleanFactory but all in vain , the question how to find what is the issues with the rejected features .

Badge
Will spatail relator works with multippart feature , I found those features are multiparts , I solved it by using disolver , is there is any other way to fix the problem of multipart , thanks all for your valuable feedback .
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
The Deaggregator may also be helpful to resolve the multis.

... and that's why I asked you about geometry types at first.