Solved

Extract and Calculate Overlaying areas

• 26 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello everyone,

I've got a certain problem that I can't solve for many days.

I'm trying to find the overlaying areas between an IFC file and an ACAD one.

I explain the idea, the purpose is that I've got 2 readers as entries : one for IFC and one for ACAD. then the we need to find the spatial relation between each objects of the IFC and the zones drawn in ACAD. --That point is OK.

Then for the objects which have 2 _related_candidates, I would like to calculate the overlaying area with each zone to keep only the one with the biggest overlaying area.

My problem right now is about that second step that I can't solve for the moment.

I hope it's clear enough and you'll be able to help me with this matter.

Regards,

Clem

icon

Best answer by jonas_nelson 26 November 2019, 15:35

View original

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

Maybe you need to project your surfaces if they are 3d. Have you tried SurfaceFootprintReplacer?

Badge

Hi,

Maybe you need to project your surfaces if they are 3d. Have you tried SurfaceFootprintReplacer?

Hey,I'm working only with footprints to compare some 3D objects with a 2D zoning.

The matter is how to extract some geometries under conditions in order then to calculate the overlaying areas.

Badge +12

Hi @clem_lx

I think something like this should work. (I've used it to create a hexagon map where I wanted to populate the hexagon with only the dominant landuse in the hex).

In my workspace, I put the Counter on the hexagons, so that for each hexagon, I kept the most dominant landuse. In your case, maybe you want to look at each IFC surface and keep the dominant ACAD area - or the other way around.

Badge

Hi @clem_lx

I think something like this should work. (I've used it to create a hexagon map where I wanted to populate the hexagon with only the dominant landuse in the hex).

In my workspace, I put the Counter on the hexagons, so that for each hexagon, I kept the most dominant landuse. In your case, maybe you want to look at each IFC surface and keep the dominant ACAD area - or the other way around.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it and comme back with some news