Question

Python Exception: No module named arcgisonlineCommon

• 24 January 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello everyone,

I'm getting a Python error when trying to add a ArcGIS Online reader. I noticed this today, but can't say for sure when exactly it happened. I'm getting this error in the console log:

Creating reader for format: Esri ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Feature Service
Trying to find a PYTHON plugin for reader named `ARCGISONLINEFEATURES'
Loaded Python module `arcgisonlinefeatures' from file `C:\Program Files\FME\plugins/python27\arcgisonlinefeatures\__init__.pyc'
Python Exception <ImportError>: No module named arcgisonlineCommon
Could not create Python Reader `ARCGISONLINEFEATURES'
A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
Failed to open the dataset '<Unused>'
DATASET INFO:
  Â  DATASET: <Unused>
  Â  NUMBER OF PARAMETERS: 3
  Â  Â  Â  RETRIEVE_ALL_FS_NAMES = Yes
  Â  Â  Â  NC = envita<space>gis<space>Esri<space>ArcGIS<space>Online
  Â  Â  Â  _MERGE_SCHEMAS = YES

So it's complaining about the arcgisonlineCommon module, but I don't get why.

Things I've tried:

• Switching Python version in both the workbench and FME options, no effect
  • Starting ArcGIS Pro and ArcMAP, both worked fine
  • Restarting FME, no effect
  • Reading from an existing ArcGIS Online reader, works fine
  • Adding a ESRI Shapefile reader, works fine
  • Adding a ArcGIS Online Writer, same issue

I'm at a loss to what is happening and I couldn't find leads online. Do you know what's happening here and how I can solve it?

Best regards.

3 replies

Badge +8

@pijke , Can you try following

Re-authenticate the WebConnection "Envita GIS ArcGIS Online"

You mentioned existing Reader works, Can you try adding a reader to that existing workspace (please make a copy if that workspace is in production?

Can you confirm that you can access the feature using same credentials on WebUI?

Can you also clarify what version of FME Desktop are you using or is it Data Interop?

I think I would like to have a closer look at this, please file a support ticket here https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ , and Atten : Rahul and I can follow up with you.

Badge

@pijke , Can you try following

Re-authenticate the WebConnection "Envita GIS ArcGIS Online"

You mentioned existing Reader works, Can you try adding a reader to that existing workspace (please make a copy if that workspace is in production?

Can you confirm that you can access the feature using same credentials on WebUI?

Can you also clarify what version of FME Desktop are you using or is it Data Interop?

I think I would like to have a closer look at this, please file a support ticket here https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ , and Atten : Rahul and I can follow up with you.

Thanks for you reply @rahulsharma. I sent the results in a support request.

Badge +8

Resolution: There was some issues with installation. Uninstalling and re-installing FME Desktop resolve the issue.

If there are any issues relating to installation please refer to this article to set up a clean install https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/962/re-installing-fme-if-there-is-a-problem-with-the-i.html