Question

Esri gdb to PostGIS

• 5 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to convert Esri .gdb file to PostgreSQL v 11.5 with PostGIS extension of v 2.5,

an error message appears (Error executing SQL command ('SELECT AddGeometryColumn('public', 'UtilityNetwork_EDD', 'geom', importfromesri, 'GEOMETRY', 3)'): 'ERROR: column "importfromesri" does not exist)

Can anyone help in solving this issue ´, I have searched for the same problem but nothing helped me, thanks in advance

4 replies

Badge +2

@ali1 I think the community will need a little more detail to be able to help you here. Probably an example workspace and dataset that replicates the problem. If it's not possible to share a small sample dataset with the community you could take this up with your FME reseller support channel.

Dear @markatsafe ♦ ,

Please find the data set in .gdb file format

Badge +2

@ali1 Thanks very much for including the sample data. Unfortunately we can't reproduce the error that you encountered. This actually doesn't look like an FME error, or possibly an error in the FME SQLExecutor or SQLCreator. Are you able to share a copy of the FME Workspace you are using (along with the full log file) that generates this error? You you can send it direct to me at mark @ safe.com.

The error provided seems to indicate that the SRID in the source was not defined (or could not be imported from ESRI?) . My suggest would be to set the Coordinate System and define the Spatial Column SRID in the writer features properties

Regards