Question

ArcGIS Data Distribution demo issue

• 14 November 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge
I'm attempting to standup the demo ArcGIS Server data distribution application. I configured the workspace and can successfully run it from Desktop and from the FME Server Web User Interface. However, when I attempt to use the web application itself (arcgis.html), the Step 2: Set Parameters form which is supposed to be dynamically generated based on the REST API is not populating.

For reference, this is what I'm tying to do:

http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/Standalone-data-distribution-demo-ArcGIS-Server

Michael

2 replies

Badge
The hostname variable was changed in the form-request-manager.js, but it was not in the rest-manager.js (which looks like where you copied the above code from). So, I changed it and the form still does not generate.

Hi,

You need to make sure the parameters are of the correct type in your workbench script. The javascript functions in the application supports either "LOOKUP_CHOICE" or "LISTBOX_ENCODED". Within the FME workbench the parameter type "Choice with alias" is the same as "LOOKUP_CHOICE".

Try adding an alert in the function called parseJSONResponse (rest-manager.js):

parseJSONResponse : function(inResult) {

alert(inResult);

var jsonDoc = JSON.parse(inResult);

Are you getting a response? If so, are the types correct? No response? It could be some security issue. Can you access the fmerest-url manually? Try configuring the fmerest application to use a default account that have permissions to the REST API and the FME-script you want to get the parameters from (to skip token authentication).

If you are looking at your application in Google chrome or in Firefox, use the debugging tools.