Question

How to create a 2-column matrix of pairs given a unique column of attributes

• 22 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I'm trying to figure out how to create the table (Output) from a single column table below.

In R, the function pair.matrix does what I need https://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/cape/versions/2.0.2/topics/pair.matrix

How can I replicate this?

Input

Output

idname

idnameid2name21apple

1apple1apple2banana

1apple2banana3carrot

1apple3carrot

2banana1apple

2banana2banana

2banana3carrot

3carrot1apple

3carrot2banana

3carrot3carrot

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @brian_, a possible way is to use a FeatureMerger to merge unconditionally all Suppliers to every Requestor and save Suppliers attributes into a list attribute, then explode the features on the list with a ListExploder, as in:

Alternatively, the InlineQuerier (SQL), the PyhonCaller (Python scripting), the RCaller (R scripting), or the XMLXQueryExtractor (XQuery scripting) etc. could also be helpful.

Badge +1

Hi @brian_, a possible way is to use a FeatureMerger to merge unconditionally all Suppliers to every Requestor and save Suppliers attributes into a list attribute, then explode the features on the list with a ListExploder, as in:

Alternatively, the InlineQuerier (SQL), the PyhonCaller (Python scripting), the RCaller (R scripting), or the XMLXQueryExtractor (XQuery scripting) etc. could also be helpful.

Perfect, thanks @takashi