Question

SFTP Modified Automation

• 25 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

We've recently upgraded to FMEServer 2019.1 and are attempting to use the FTP Modified automation step to watch a data suppliers server so that our workbench runs when they drop data.

Now I know there are differences between FTPES/FTPS and SFTP (which our supplier uses). Should I be able to use the FPT Modified automation to directory watch their server if we normally connect over SFTP? I am currently unable to connect and getting failures for "SSL error occurred. Verify port number and security type are correct."

I know the port and host IP's are correct, as are the username and password. Is it as simple as our supplier allowing FTPS/FTPES encryption or is there another potential issue?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

For a customer I have used SFTP, by using the SystemCaller transformer.

Most SFTP tools have a command line option.

Hope this helps.

Badge +6

For a customer I have used SFTP, by using the SystemCaller transformer.

Most SFTP tools have a command line option.

Hope this helps.

It's really the "directory watch" behaviour that I want to utilise. The workbench the automation will (hopefully) run, still connects to the SFTP, but rather than schedule a run we were planning to have it kick off once something was dropped.

Badge +6

Hi @dbryantgeo, The FTP directory modified trigger within Automations currently only supports working with FTP, FTPES and FTPS. It does not support SFTP.

There is an Idea on our Ideas page that requests adding support for SFTP as well, so definitely add your vote to that if it's something you'd like to see added to FME Server: https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/47929/sftp-watcher.html

Badge +3

Hi,

Has this behaviour changed in the last 3 years?

I am currently trying to use a FTP Watch to watch for events on an SFTP server, but I get the same issue: "SSL error occurred. Verify port number and security type are correct."

Does FME Server already support SFTP connections?