Question

DGN Tag to DWG OD issue

Badge +1

Hello,

I am converting Microstation DGN (V8) to AutoCAD Map DWG (2010) file, reading DGN file as group by Schema - Level Names

Issue is OD that is created also has some Tag/DGN internals as attribute.

e.g.

CONTRACT_NO, CONTRACT_NO_name, CONTRACT_NO_prompt, CONTRACT_tagset_name, CONTRACT_NO_tagtype, CONTRACT_NO_value, igds_color etc.

In above list only CONTRACT_NO should be created as OD attribute rest is not required, How do I restrict it not to write these Tag internals.

I have used Attribute remover, bulk attribute remover , schema from Table but it has no effect on how the OD is created.

FME Vversion = 2016.1

Regards

Zubair

6 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Could you please check whether you have placed the attributes in writer attributes tab

Badge +1

No, I have applied Dynamic writer

If it's dynamic the easiest solution is perhaps to open the feature type parameters, and set the Attributes to Remove parameter under the Dynamic Properties section. That way they will be removed from all output layers.

Badge +1

There are thousands of such attribute, removing them manually will be pain.

Badge +2

Hi,

Have you tried attributekeeper?

Badge +1

Attributekeeper, Bulkattribute remover does not work, what it does is it only removes values from the attribute but the OD will have attribute definition, besides I dont want to manually remove/keep attribute as there are lot of attributes to be processed.