Question

Job position - FME Professional Oxford, UK

Badge +10

Following some helpful advice from Shannon in the FME Customer Success team, in place of a jobs board on the FME site I was advised to post a current position we are recruiting for here.

We are looking for a seasoned FME Professional with Desktop and Cloud skills to support a team of geoscientists and help mentor 5 or so other FME users within the office. The role within Landmark Halliburton is to continue to develop our suite of geoscience products which include a range of 2D and 3D continental and global scale geological representations of the Earth - see

Exploration Insights for more information.

Within the role you will be working on further innovations to the product range and helping to shape the direction of product delivery. If you have OL3 and GeoServer experience as well that would be a fantastic bonus.

If you are interested please apply through:

this link

The role is permanent and based in the Oxford office in the UK, the salary range will be between £50 - 70k depending on experience and enthusiasm!

Again, sorry for posting on this site, hopefully FME will create a jobs board in the future.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Hi @olivermorris - the jobs board is a great idea. I raised it with a number of users at the recent FME user conference and they said it would definitely be of use to them. So I'm going to talk to some folk at Safe and push the idea forward. I think it would be a great community asset.

Badge +10

@Mark2AtSafe yes if you could set one up that would be a fantastic resource. Finding talent is hard enough as it is, so getting to the right people through a jobs board on your site would be good or something akin osgeojobs mailing lists.

Badge +2
@olivermorris The link for Exploration Insights is broken, I think you're missing a W from www.
Badge +10
@olivermorris The link for Exploration Insights is broken, I think you're missing a W from www.
@jlutherthomas amended, thank you!
Userlevel 4
Badge +25

@Mark2AtSafe yes if you could set one up that would be a fantastic resource. Finding talent is hard enough as it is, so getting to the right people through a jobs board on your site would be good or something akin osgeojobs mailing lists.

I will raise it with the right people at Safe and see what we can do.

Badge +10

Just to let everyone know that this position is still vacant, if you are interested in working just outside Oxford on some challenging projects in which FME will help save the day then please feel free.

As part of the role you will be involved in working on output from ground breaking climate models not for the present day but for millions of years ago, establishing the climate in the past. You will also be involved in plate tectonic reconstructions and a number of on the fly custom delivery projects.

Many Thanks,

Oliver

Badge +1
Hi @olivermorris - the jobs board is a great idea. I raised it with a number of users at the recent FME user conference and they said it would definitely be of use to them. So I'm going to talk to some folk at Safe and push the idea forward. I think it would be a great community asset.

Any news on that, Mark? Appreciate this is a bit of a necrobump 😊

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Hello,

i've have problems with reading some access mdb files. 

I have win7 x64,

office x32,

fme x32

when i try to read mdb received from client, i get error:

MS Access Reader: Connection failed.  Connection string `Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Data Source=C:/mbu/database.mdb;User ID=admin;Password=********'. Provider error `(-2147467259) Unrecognized database format 'C:/mbu/database.mdb'.'

I can manualy open mdb in access and save as accdb, then it will read in fme workbench, but i'm going to do it many times, so i'll be greatfull if someone can provide solution.

i've tried reinstalling fme, access database engine - didn't help.
Badge +1

Any news on that, Mark? Appreciate this is a bit of a necrobump 😊

Thanks, Mark