Solved

Where is propertiesFile.properties

• 16 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

I download FME server from the FME web site today October 16 2017 (FME Server 2017.1.1 64-bit windows FME Server build 17650)

I am setting up an active/passive architecture. Mostly as derscribed on the web site https://docs.safe.com/fme/2016.1/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Active-Passive-Basic-Architecture.htm Everything has been going as described until after I setup the FME web services a third windows server 2016 VM. For the web application server I chose the FME Server Web Application Server (port 8080) I get stuck when I get to the first step in configuring the FME server for Failover. I can't find the web application properties file (propertiesFile.properties) specified as step 1 after the windows install at https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Install-the-FME-Server-Web-Services.htm#Install. I suspect its in <FMEServerDir>/Utilities/tomcat/webapps/fmedatastreaming/WEB-INF/conf/ but I can't find fmedatastreaming in <FMEServerDir>/Utilities/tomcat/webapps (FMEServerDir is the default c:\\Program Files\\FMESever) Do you think you could help me find this file please?
icon

Best answer by rob_dpfem 17 October 2017, 01:13

View original

2 replies

Badge
I did a uninstall and reinstall of FME web services and the file now appears. The only thing I did differently is to specify fully qualified domain name for VM. The location of the file is as per the documentation.

Thanks, this is no longer an issue.

Badge
I did a uninstall and reinstall of FME web services and the file now appears. The only thing I did differently is to specify fully qualified domain name for VM. The location of the file is as per the documentation.

Thanks, this is no longer an issue.

Actually this has more to do with the correct setup of the service account. The service account must have logon as a service rights and must have full control of the installation directory. The last point is noted in one of the installation dialog boxes.

By the time I had done the second install, these requirements were met and so it made it seem like an install and uninstall fixed the problem.