Question

Transformers shifting position in the workspace

• 15 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I've started have a problem where my transformers jump around in the work space. They seem to be snapping to the upper right corner. This tends to happen when I connect it to the output port of another transformer or to an existing connection line. Occasionally it will happen after I hit OK after updating the transformer parameters. I have verified that the grid and guides are both unchecked. I'm on 2016.1. Has anyone else seen this and found a setting to prevent it from happening? I can be very inconvenient when working with a large workspace.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I've had a customer report something similar with a particulary large annotation in FME 2015 but that was fixed in the 2015.1 release.

Is your workspace very big? Lots of transformers? Does it happen with all your workspaces or just with a few?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
I've asked one of our user experience developers to take a look, as I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not. Either way it would be a good idea to report it to our support team (safe.com/support) as it's not really behaving as it should.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I had a support case coming in this week which seemed similar to this issue. I don't think it's the same as what @angelam is experiencing but I'm putting it out here just in case, this is with FME 2016.1.2.1, build 16674:

If you select a connection, then move your mouse pointer to somewhere else on the canvas (no clicking, keep the connection selected!) and use the Quick Add option to add a transformer it'll get added right where the mouse pointer is, even though that might be way over on the other side of your screen. I'm not sure whether this is logical behaviour, I'd expect the transformer to be added in the spot where you click on the canvas, but if a connection is selected the middle of that connection or the exact spot where the user clicked would be more logical I guess.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I found the same problem in the FME 2019.1.0.0 (20190710 - Build 19608 - WIN64) version.

From a certain point on, the transformers started to move all together, apparently randomly, after changing any transformer.

Also, at the same time, the "Save" button remained disabled despite the changes.

I solved it by saving the project, completely closing FME Workbench and reopening it.