Question

Read schema using 'feature types to read'

• 19 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi everybody!

Currently I'm building a workspace that validates schema features by comparing them with an ESRI XML workspace document.

For this purpose I was wondering if it is possible with the FeatureReader transformer to read only the schema feature that has the same fme_feature_type_name as the initiator feature. Can this be done (using FME 2015.1 - build 15539)?

I have set the FeatureReader format to "Schema (Any Format)" and selected fme_feature_type_name in 'Feature Types to Read' from attribute:

However, this is doesn't output any schema features...

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @ivodeliefde, I think there is no way to select a single schema feature when reading schema features with the Schema (Any Format) reader, since the feature type name of schema features is always 'schema'.

The Schema (Any Format) reader always reads all schema definitions from the specified dataset, but I think you can select only your required schema feature with a Tester after reading.

TEST @Value(fme_feature_type_name) = <required feature type name>

I just wanted to get back and post how I tackled the issue. I ended up using just the normal "XML workspace Document" reader format and select Metadata under the "Feature Read Mode" in the parameters. This way you are able to only read specific schema features using the "feature types to read" option.