Question

FME 2015 won't recognize 64-BIT IBM DB2 ODBC Data Source

• 28 July 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have the FME 2015.1.3.1 Build 15573 64-bit installation. I'm trying to use the IBM DB2 Non-Spatial Reader to connect to a 64-bit ODBC Data Source I've setup. But when I attempt to get the Table list, I'm receiving an error.

Creating reader for format: IBM DB2 Non-spatial

Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `DB2'

FME API version of module 'DB2' matches current internal version (3.7 20150407)

Creating reader for format: IBM DB2 Non-spatial

Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `DB2'

FME API version of module 'DB2' matches current internal version (3.7 20150407)

Opening IBM DB2 Non-Spatial Reader

IBM DB2 Non-Spatial Reader: Dataset = DSN_64BIT. Username = a5960. Password = ********

Connecting to database...

Error connecting to database

Database Generated Error Information:

Database Error Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Database SQL Statement Text:

SQL State: IM002

Variable Information:

IBM DB2 Non-Spatial Reader: Failed to connect to database

Closing IBM DB2 Non-Spatial Reader

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

I've reviewed the article referenced here and the ODBC works and test connects just fine. I can also use the ODBC data source with other integration tools and query tools with out any errors.

https://knowledge.safe.com/content/kbentry/675/creating-an-odbc-connection-to-an-ibm-db2-database.html

Any ideas why FME is not recognizing the 64-bit data source?

Thanks.

2 replies

Badge +11

Hi! What version of DB2 are you working with? (Client and Server)

Badge +11

Probably doesn't matter too much about the DB2 version... other useful information is the OS version.

Please ensure you are launching the correct ODBC GUI (there are 2 instances of the exe on Windows OS.

Typically this message is because FME is not finding the DSN (ODBC) you created on your client machine where FME is installed. Ensure - that you have the correct DSN bit version configured.

You mention that you've had other tools working with the DSN (ODBC)... what bit version are those applications? Can you confirm they are 64bit applications (because if they are 32bit applications then they are using 32bit drivers and 32bit DSN entries)? You might want to open a ticket with us at https://support.safe.com/knowledgeSubmitCase to help investigate this.