Question

HTTPcaller multipart/form-data encoding

• 23 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I'm using HTTPCaller to upload files to an online project management system.

It all works great but the file names containing "öäå" are substituted with strange looking "?" symbols.

Everything seems fine up until the HTTPCaller that does the multipart/form-data upload.

Is there a way to fix this in the workflow or is it more likely to be a problem on the upload site?

Thanks!

4 replies

Badge +2

Is there no solution to this?

To put the problem simply how do I set the encoding in HTTP Caller when using multipart/form-data to upload a file?

Hello there,

I must chime in with the same bug:

German Umlauts read from a csv-file encoded in windows-1252 are replaced during upload as part of the multipart/form-data body. Each Umlaut (ä, ö, ü, ß) is substituted for an "ý".

Since the REST-endpoint accepts the same kind of data via SAS without issues and there is no error when using the service via the web frontend, I must assume that the http-caller does something buggy when reading the file for the multipart/form-data.

Is there a fix, a workaround or another kind of solution?

Cheers and best regards,

Matthias Daues

Badge +1

Whenever there are encoding problems maybe it's worth using the Pythoncaller.

Badge

I ended up with putting a TextEncoder Transformer in front of the HTTPCaller to URL-Encode the Attributes containing umlauts before passing them to the HTTPCaller, this works so far.

@matthiasdaues​  @jatoxa​  if this is still relevant for you