Solved

Reading/Writing ArcGIS geodatabase Raster field data type

Badge

I have a feature class in a file geodatabase with a Raster data type field, whose values I want to write to an SDE feature class with an equivalent Raster field.

When I use the GEODATABASE_FILE reader, the raster column is not listed in the resulting feature class. Likewise with the FILEGDB. To make sure I wasn't missing something I tried the GEODATABASE_FILE_RASTER_DATASET and GEODATABASE_FILE_RASTER_CATALOG readers, which, as expected, would not recognize the feature class.

When I use the GEODATABASE_SDE writer the raster field is also omitted. Again, trying the raster readers, GEODATABASE_SDE_RASTER_CATALOG and GEODATABASE_SDE_RASTER_DATASET did not recognize the feature class.

Does FME handle the ArcGIS geodatabase Raster field type?

Using FME Version 2019.0.1.0 Build 19253

icon

Best answer by trentatsafe 30 May 2019, 23:16

View original

6 replies

Badge +6

Hello @_trent

I do not see any record of us being able to read this Data type in the past. Are you able to share a sample Geodatabase that contains this Raster Data type within a Feature Class? This would allow us to perform some tests to see if we can get the Raster datatype exposed.
Badge

Hello @_trent

I do not see any record of us being able to read this Data type in the past. Are you able to share a sample Geodatabase that contains this Raster Data type within a Feature Class? This would allow us to perform some tests to see if we can get the Raster datatype exposed.

raster_field.gdb.zip

Attached is a zipped file geodatabase with a feature class that has a raster field.

Badge +6

Thank you for the Sample file @_trent

It appears at this time, this functionality is not supported. However, we do have an open issue tracking this. If you'd like to file a case at: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/

We could then attach your case to the issue, so that you would be notified of any changes/updates to it.
Badge +2

Hi @trentatsafe and ​ @_trent​ 

Could any of you kindly let me know if there any solution for this issue in latest versions of FME release?

Pratap

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @trentatsafe and ​ @_trent​ 

Could any of you kindly let me know if there any solution for this issue in latest versions of FME release?

Pratap

Thank you @pratap​ for your concern on this issue. Unfortunately, at this time this issue has not yet been resolved. If you would like to be notified when this will be supported please file a case with us.

Internal ticket FMEENGINE-8967

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Badge +11

In terms of writing, using the blob field type is a potential workaround e.g. converting form raster to blob with the RasterExtractor then writing out: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/rasterextractor.htm

I haven't used the raster data type in geodatabase for a long old time so I'm limited there!