Question

Email Subscriber - Schedule Name & translation log?

• 27 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

Howdy,

In FME Server I have a Notification Subscription that send an email on job failure, I am wondering if there is a simple way to have the emial include the following:

1. Insert text with the name of the schedule that initiated the job
  2. Attach the translation log to the email notification or even better would be to just insert the text of any error messages.

From searching the resources I found good info on the Email Subscriber and email keywords but nothing specifically addressing my questions.

I did find a solution attaching a log file with a datadownload job but no info related to subscription email.

Thank you for the assistance!

Currently my email message template looks like this:

FME transformation job {id} failed.

Workspace: {workspace}

Repository: {repository}

Request Keyword: {requestKeyword}

Time Requested: {timeRequested}

Time Started: {timeStarted}

Time Finished: {timeFinished}

Click here for more details: http://fme:8080/fmeserver/#/job/{id}/summary

Log URL: {logUrl}

Log Full Path: {logFullPath}

1 reply

Badge +9

Hello @joshuadamron,

Thank you for posting to the community. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do this in FME Server 2018.1. However, this can easily be achieved in FME Server 2019 through Automations.

If you haven't heard we are doing a reboot of our notification service in 2019. If you are looking for an introduction this is a great webinar to view. https://www.safe.com/webinars/automating-enterprise-workflows-with-fme-server-submission-call/

Through the Email tool, you can set up an email attachment which includes the job log and set up an email template with the name of the automation that d the job. I have attached screenshots of how this is set up. Let me know if you have any questions.

This is what the automation would look like. A schedule initiates a job. If the job fails an email is sent.

In the Email tool, you can set the attachment as the job log. Then, you can set up the email template as well.